Welcome to Pre-School. Please take a tour through our setting. We are so lucky to be based in a stunning rural setting. Our areas of play are not limited to our classroom. We love to explore throughout the whole environment, including:
- The Land of Pure Imagination – our specialist EYFS outdoor area which has its very own dinosaur hill, rill, mud pit, mud kitchen, small world areas, water play, sand play, ride on toys, car wash, deconstructed construction area, art area and so much more.
- Our Millennium walk forest school area – where we have camp fires, listen to stories, play in the orchard, build dens, collect sticks, apples and anything nature, outdoor natural art, swing on the rope swing, climb and so much more.
- Our Trim Trail – where we can use our gross motor skills to climb, jump, balance and make our way around the obstacle course.
- The climbing frame – where we can climb, slide, hide and play
- The school playground – where we run, jump, march, play ball games, ride bikes and so much more
- The school field – where we play with our parachute, run, chase, walk, play games and so much more
- Our very own play area – which is an extension of our classroom. Covered by a wonderful structure donated and built by the fantastic Preston North Rotary. It provides year round outdoor play which not only protects our resources but it gives all children equal opportunists to be outside as much as they like. We have our crooked house, our sand pit, water wall and water play, construction area, story corner, adventure bench, art area and small world play.
- Our inside play area – which is decorated with displays of the seven areas of development – celebrating the children’s achievements. We have our sleep/relax area, our curiosity area which changes as to our children’s interests and our role play area to fuel their imaginations with fancy dress, a real phone and magazines. We love our art corner which celebrates the children’s art as well as inspiring each other to create the next masterpiece. Our small world area is very popular with mini mii figures of the children and small world boxes to appeal to everyone’s interests. The children love our indoor tepee, with log cushions and playing with our water cascade. Our story corner has comfy chairs for snuggling to enjoy our favorite books, puzzles, puppets and an inviting writing area. We have our small parts play which the children love to explore both with and without playdoh’, our science exploring area with magnifying glasses, bug searching equipment and our task tables which cater for various activities of choice. At the center is our carpet area, which is where fascination, curiosity and confidence blooms. We enjoys stories, songs, talks and this is where children’s ideas grow.