Sunday Mass at St.Francis’ Church
Wonderful news-church is open again on Sunday at 10.30am for Mass.
There are restrictions and, unfortunately, there can not be a children’s corner but this is a very positive step forward for our Parish!
Please find the attached information from Fr Sony:
We are pleased to announce that From July 5th, Hill Chapel will be open for Sunday mass at 10.30 a.m.
Please note – Dispensation rules still apply and the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains suspended.
There will be some differences in how the celebration takes place. For the time being, there will be no singing and Mass will be shorter than usual. We ask everyone to respect and follow the guidance.
We have 12 benches allowing for families and ‘bubbles’. We can probably hold up to 40 people.
Stewards will be on duty to ensure that safety procedures are followed.
Please can we follow these guidelines once entering church:
* Sanitise hands on entry.
* Your contact details will be recorded as required for the governments Track and Trace system in case of incidents arising subsequently.
* Some benches have been blocked off to ensure social distancing. Please only use the benches that are not taped off. It may not be possible to sit in your usual bench.
* High visibility tape on the floor to indicate spaces of 2 metres apart. Please do keep your distance.
* Place your collection on the collection plate as you enter.
* Please take a mass sheet and newsletter on entry and take away when leaving.
* Stewards will give guidance on receiving Holy Communion. People on the right hand side will go first and return down the opposite aisle to maintain social distancing. People on the left hand side of church will then do the same procedure in reverse. Communion will be given in silence.
* When you leave church – please do respect social distancing and do not congregate just outside church.
* Apologies but there will currently be no servers, no childrens’ corner and no offertory procession.
* There will also be no Prayers of the Faithful but the weekly Bidding Prayers will be on the newsletter.
Many thanks for your support in helping us all to keep safe.