“We encourage our children to grow in love and understanding of God, God’s people and God’s world and motivate them to help those in need. We aim to make prayer, reflection on the Scriptures, worship and liturgy meaningful educational, and spiritual, experiences. We aim to foster a dynamic interaction between home, parish and school and provide a happy, caring community in which everyone is valued and which Christian principles and the Gospel message underpin all aspects of school life.”
God speaks to us through Jesus. He wants us to have life in all its fullness.
We encourage our children and community to grow in love and understanding of God, God’s people and God’s world and motivate them to help those in need and care for each other, as Jesus Christ taught us to.
All of our children will be happy and to make good choices with the understanding that this will shape their lives for the better.
We foster a dynamic interaction between home, parish and school to provide a happy, caring community in which everyone is valued and included. We support parents as educators of faith.
Our Catholic school ethos is an outward representation of our vision where the Gospel is alive and underpins all aspects of daily school life. We want all of our children to know that they are loved by God and to love God, themselves and each other.
We will ensure that each individual child is resilient, caring and considerate and is fully equipped with the life skills and love of learning to prepare them well for life within and beyond our school.
We see the beauty in everything as we grow together and appreciate our wonderful gifts and talents. We nurture children’s gifts and work hard to know and understand each individual child’s interests and needs.
We search for excellence because our children deserve the very best all round education to develop emotionally, socially, spiritually and academically. We always try our best.
‘Aspire not to have more but to be more.’ (Oscar Romero)
- To support all members of the school community in their journey of faith, by acknowledging and celebrating the presence and active love of God.
- To create a stimulating environment which reflects our values and promotes a sense of self worth and community.
- For everybody to know that they are loved, valued and listened to;
- To build strong collaborative partnerships with families and the local community.
- To provide a broad, balanced and creative curriculum that combines excellence in teaching with enjoyment of learning.
- To recognise and plan for a range of learning styles and interests, to ensure all children have equal access to the curriculum enabling them to reach their full potential.
- To promote life-long learning through high quality continual professional development for all staff and by developing the best possible learning culture throughout the school.
- To promote social, cultural, moral and spiritual development, supporting pupils and staff to become confident and responsible members of society.
- To establish an atmosphere in which each child has a positive self-image and where individual achievements are valued by all.
- To include all members of the school community in the process of school improvement and self evaluation.
- To have high expectations and aspirations for everybody;
- To recognise and encourage each other’s unique gifts;
- To work in partnership with parents, recognising that they are the first educators of their children;
- To be an integral part of the mission of the Catholic Church
- To respond to the need for peace, justice and charity;
- To respect and value other faiths and cultures through the curriculum and the way it is taught.
To respect others and have love for yourself and others. Christ taught us to ‘Love on another as I have loved you.’ We show love for each other by showing mutual respect. We are fair, honest and always show kindness.
We Aim high because anything is possible if we try and if we believe in ourselves. Christ wants us to have life in all its fullness and we participate in God’s creation by working to the best of our ability. We show positive attitudes and any problems are only opportunities to be explored. We have motivation and self belief.
We take risks and have a go because we believe in ourselves. If at first we don’t succeed we try again.
We care for each other and we always try our best. We look after one another and we are always thoughtful and considerate of others.